Many of the experiences, forces and consequences of this life lie far beyond our control, or even our influence. In this great and wild cosmos, we would love to believe that we are the masters of our own destiny. Life convinces us, sometimes harshly, that the decisions of others, the driving forces of culture, economics, politics and relationships, and just random chance will act whether we invite them or appreciate them.
So does this mean we should live a defeatist life? Should we accept any and all catastrophes and conflicts imposed on our journey? Do we have any options left to us that could make a difference? Yes. Yes we do have options. Life is hard, but you and I have the chance to face those difficulties, and act on them with passion, with hope and with the strength of our will. Be encouraged my friend!
Whether you are facing a new year, new relationships, new job or new challenges you have the power to chart and alter your course! You do not have the power or ability to change everything, but you can impact many things! Take heart, and listen to the wisdom from these cultural giants. Take their words as your personal cheering section, your Life GPS guiding you to the next set of life victories!
- WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING WORDS RESONATE WITH YOU???
- BELIEVE- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” T.S. Eliot
- HOPE- “The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life. You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.” Arnold Bennett
- MOVE- “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So get on your way!” Dr. Seuss
- WRITE- “Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” Douglas Pagels
- ACT- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” JP Morgan
- LEARN- “It’s a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day?” Mel Gibson
- ACCEPT- “A time comes when you need to stop waiting for the man you want to become and start being the man you want to be.” Bruce Springsteen
- CHURN- “Life is a progress, and not a station.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- RISE- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Nelson Mandela
- INNOVATE- “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.” Chinese Proverb
- CONTINUE- “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill
- DECIDE- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- WALK- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” Lao Tzu
- LOOK- “Darkness must pass, A new day will come, And when the sun shines, It will shine out the clearer.” JRR Tolkien
- TRUST- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Martin Luther King Jr.
- BUILD- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” Dolly Parton
- CHANGE- “Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” Jim Rohn
So look at the list above… pick one quote, one action to be your focus this month. When you’ve risen to that challenge, choose another item from the list, and keep moving forward! This is your life, and there are no reruns! It is your one chance to live! Regardless of what comes flying your direction, or where it came from, you can do this! Your heart… your relationships… your business, your church, your community, your country and your world… They all benefit when you choose to act with confidence, courage and love! You have this!